Table of contents
In the dynamic landscape of global commerce, the rise of B2B E-commerce development continues to surge, with a staggering projected growth. According to Forrester, the B2B E-commerce market in the US is set to reach $3 trillion by 2027, marking a significant leap from $1.7 trillion in 2021.
In the recent Statista report, this shift indicates a broader trend, with 17% of B2B sales generated digitally in 2023, up from 13% in 2019. Moreover, a survey conducted by Gartner revealed that by the year 2025, approximately 80% of interactions in B2B sales between suppliers and buyers are anticipated to take place through digital channels. This transformative trajectory underscores the enduring impact of digitalization on B2B commerce, shaping the preferences and practices of businesses on a global scale.
Understanding B2B E-commerce
B2B E-commerce, a digital portal, facilitates direct research and ordering of products/services between business buyers and sellers. Typically, it involves manufacturer-distributors or wholesale-retailers as the primary entities engaged in B2B sales. The crucial role of B2B E-commerce software lies in ensuring that product, price, and promotional information remains consistently tailored, secure, and up-to-date.
While B2B and B2C E-commerce websites share a core structure, their user experiences and journeys differ significantly. Key specifics of B2B sales that influence the functional design of the solution include:
- Involvement of multiple decision-makers and multi-tier approval workflows
- Handling wholesale orders with frequent repeat transactions
- Rational buying decisions dominated by pragmatism rather than emotion
- Building trust-based, enduring relationships between sellers and buyers
- Incorporating negotiable specific pricing structures and the possibility of credit payments
Implementing a B2B E-commerce solution brings such advantages as improving sales through strategic product recommendations, lowering operational costs, receiving valuable customer feedback, reaching new international markets, and achieving data-centricity through ERP integration.
To ensure fast, high-quality implementation of B2B E-commerce solutions, hiring a reputable custom web development company like Emerline is worth considering. We provide comprehensive support throughout the full cycle of development, ensuring that your B2B platform is tailored to your specific business needs and equipped for success in the evolving digital landscape.
10 Best B2B E-commerce Solutions to Use in 2024
#1. Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus, the enterprise edition of Shopify, stands as a powerful online shopping cart in the E-commerce market. While retaining the core features of Shopify, it enhances functionality and tools specifically for B2B operations.
- 100% secure solution with Level 1 PCI DSS compliance for credit card processing.
- Omni-channel capabilities with access to 23 sales channels from the dashboard.
- Internationalization support through Shopify Payments for multiple currencies and languages.
- Automated wholesale experience with the Wholesale Channel for customizable storefronts and pricing.
- Customizability using Scripts Editor for a tailored checkout experience.
Pricing of the Shopify Plus plan starts from 2000$/month with further details available upon request.
Nestle, Unilever, Kylie Jenner, Hawkers.
September 25, 2023 一 release of the new one-page checkout to all Shopify merchants with upgraded checkout extensibility. It's a redesigned, more intuitive shopping experience that is shorter and faster for buyers.
#2. BigCommerce B2B edition
BigCommerce B2B Edition stands out as a top B2B E-commerce platform for mid-market and enterprise brands. Known for its low total cost of ownership, it integrates seamlessly with mission-critical systems and supports both B2B and B2C operations. Notable users include Avery Dennison, Tectran, and Black Diamond.
- Robust security measures with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliance and PCI DSS Level 1 certification.
- Internationalization support with BigCommerce Payment for 100+ currencies and localization features.
- Versatile customization options, including drag and drop Page Builder for easy site edits.
- Wholesale features like payment method visibility control, buyer roles, and invoice portal.
- Omnichannel capabilities through integrations with major social media platforms and marketplaces.
Pricing for Enterprise Plans starts from $500/month, with further details available upon request.
Avery Dennison, Tectran, Black Diamond.
May 1, 2023 — Release of enhanced B2B Edition features, including a Multi-Storefront capability for streamlined management across regions and brands, a modernized buyer portal for a personalized shopping experience, and a headless functionality (beta) that allows deployment onto any framework, offering merchants greater customization and integration flexibility.
#3. Adobe Commerce (formerly Magento Commerce)
Adobe Commerce, formerly Magento Commerce, stands as a highly customizable and scalable B2B E-commerce platform. With both Magento Open Source and Adobe Commerce editions, it caters to a wide range of businesses.
- Comprehensive internationalization features supporting currency from over 200 countries.
- Open-source customization with access to the source code for extensive modifications.
- Robust security features, including SSL certificate, CDN, and PCI certification.
- B2B-specific features like buyer roles, multiple tiers, and Payments on Account.
- Omnichannel experiences facilitated through the Order Management System.
Pricing of Adobe Commerce is tied to average gross sales revenue, with estimates starting from 22000$/year and additional details available upon request.
Rural King, JCB, Bulk Powders.
October 13, 2023 — Adobe Commerce has upgraded its UPS XML API gateway to the new UPS REST API, aligning with UPS's implementation of an OAuth 2.0 security model. Additionally, the integration with FedEx has transitioned from legacy FedEx WSDL Web Services to the latest FedEx RESTful APIs. The update also includes support for the new USPS Ground Advantage shipping method, offering out-of-the-box integration for retrieving rates and scheduling deliveries and returns through USPS.
OroCommerce stands out as a flexible, enterprise-grade B2B E-commerce platform designed from the ground up for B2B operations. Offering both a free Community Cloud and a paid Enterprise Edition, it caters to manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, and suppliers.
- Built-in CRM system at no additional cost.
- Strong security measures with roles and permissions based ACL, PCI DSS compliance, and SOC 2 Type 2 certification.
- Extensive internationalization support with multiple languages, currencies, and tax rules.
- Open-source architecture allows near-limitless customization.
- B2B-specific features for personalized customer experiences and quick orders.
Pricing details of OroCommerce Enterprise Edition are available upon request.
Igual, Animal Supply Company, Petra Industries, Saltworks.
November 3, 2023 — The update introduced two advanced AI capabilities for the OroCommerce platform, aiming to enhance B2B E-commerce for both sellers and buyers. The features include next-gen product recommendations with rules-based automation and real-time customer segmentation, along with a new product information engine integrating GenAI capabilities to deliver original high-value product content as needed.
eWorldTrade stands as a rapidly growing global B2B marketplace platform, connecting millions of businesses worldwide. As a fast-growing player in the B2B industry, it emphasizes connecting genuine and reliable buyers and sellers. The platform supports trading in multiple currencies, offers robust security features, and encourages businesses to join for improved trade procedures.
- Rapidly growing B2B marketplace platform with global reach.
- Strong security measures with PCI certification and various security elements.
- Multilingual and multi-currency support for international transactions.
- Business expansion through customization of storefronts and banners.
- Omnichannel expansion with an inventory management that simplifies sales across channels.
Five premium pricing plans ranging between 399$ and 7999$ per year.
Telecom Estate, Clear Digital Technology, Hongkong Kele Industrial Co.
January 6, 2022 — The Android and iOS app was launched and provides over 1 million users on the platform with a mobile solution for engaging in B2B buying and selling activities.
#6. Sana Commerce Cloud
Sana Commerce Cloud is a leading B2B platform, committed to providing a reliable and convenient shopping experience. With a focus on capturing buyer loyalty, it offers a scalable E-commerce solution with true ERP integration.
- Complete ERP integration for a transparent, self-service experience.
- Top-level security measures and compliance with PCI standards.
- Internationalization support with multi-currency and multilingual features.
- Effortless front-end Visual Designer for easy customization.
Sana Commerce offers three plans with pricing details available upon request.
Vera Bradley, K-Rain Manufacturing, Mitsubishi.
November 2, 2023 — In the latest release of Sana Commerce, significant enhancements have been made to web-store navigation in Sana Admin, allowing for improved user experiences and ease of product discovery. Notable changes include the introduction of custom menus, a redesigned navigation page, and the ability to show navigation links in the account menu. Additionally, improvements in Commerce Insights introduce bookmarks for quick access to specific data in Sana Commerce Insights reports, and Basket Management now includes additional information such as Account name and Account email.
#7. Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a multi-tenant, cloud-based platform designed for large enterprises engaging in bulk order purchases. Emphasizing customer data protection, it offers robust security measures and outstanding features for B2B E-commerce.
- Robust security and privacy program.
- Internationalization with multiple currencies and languages.
- Omnichannel features, including Commerce Cloud Order Management.
- Customization with tools like Page Designer.
B2B Starter plan for 1% and B2B Growth plan for 2% of annual gross merchandise value.
ASU, Sunnova, Ford, Gucci.
September 28, 2023 — 23.10 version release introduced several enhancements, including the ability to create temporary baskets for immediate order requests, update main product variants in bundled line items, and simplify eCDN certificate renewal through Business Manager. Additionally, Commerce Cloud Einstein now supports generating recommendations for large product catalogs exceeding 3 million SKUs.
NuORDER is a B2B E-commerce platform specializing in B2B processes like bulk order purchases and reordering. Facilitating a two-way marketplace, it connects brands and retailers for a collaborative wholesale process.
- Protection of personal information with compliance to Privacy Shield Principles.
- Multilingual support and multiple currencies.
- Order management features and smart analytical dashboards.
- Integration with Stitch Labs for enhanced omni-channel capabilities.
B2B pricing starts from 600$/month with specific pricing information available upon request.
Black Diamond Equipment, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom.
November 14, 2023 — The latest NuORDER update introduces several enhancements, including the ability for users to overorder products across multiple locations and deliveries, with over ordering highlights displayed on the Product Details page. Brands utilizing Advanced Pricing can now sync order pricing information directly from their ERP, providing flexibility in managing pricing data.
WooCommerce B2B, the official E-commerce plugin for WordPress-based websites, empowers businesses to create and manage personalized online stores that align with the distinct needs of B2B commerce. With features like content ownership, payment gateway integration, shipping options, and seamless integration with other software, WooCommerce ensures a robust user experience while prioritizing security and scalability.
- Prices can be visible for registered customers.
- Multiple customer groups with personalized discount rates.
- Product prices, including wholesale discounts, can be based on customer groups.
The price for the WooCommerce B2B plugin is $99, available as a one-time payment.
Weber, Ghostbed, and AeroPRess.
September 3, 2023 — v3.3.2 version release introduced a new capability, allowing users to hide single products based on user groups. The update also included tweaks for improved dedicated price management in WordPress headless contexts and an enhanced customer group recovery function.
Quick eSelling is a fully managed hosted E-commerce platform designed for B2B businesses. A robust CRM enables business owners to sell round the clock, streamline processes, and free up the sales team’s time.
- Comprehensive server, transaction, and data security with firewalls and encryption.
- SSL certificates for domain security and the option to upload custom SSL certificates.
- Integrated with multiple payment gateways for global usability.
- Features like multi-currency, multilingual support, and Tax APIs.
- Fully customizable and scalable platform with a customizable front-end.
- Agile technical team for integrating new features and APIs.
- Automated wholesale order management with real-time inventory updates.
- In-built marketing tools for enhanced business decisions.
- Allows selling on multiple channels like E-commerce marketplaces simultaneously.
- Facilitates selling on platforms like Amazon or Flipkart alongside the online store.
Quick eSelling offers four pricing plans, from a free trial to a Premium plan with ERP integrations for 599$/month.
What to Consider Before Making a Choice?
Choosing a B2B E-commerce platform involves evaluating key factors to ensure optimal functionality for customers and your business. Consider the following questions during your assessment:
- Determine the cost of the platform, keeping in mind the volume of your B2B sales.
- High-volume businesses may require a more robust, albeit potentially more expensive, software solution. Obtain multiple price quotes to make informed comparisons.
Ease of Management:
- Explore the user-friendliness of the platform for your business.
- Utilize free trials to assess features like accepting diverse payment methods, implementing custom pricing, and efficiently managing inventory.
- Evaluate how easy it is for customers to navigate and use the platform.
- Ensure the website is fast, reliable, and facilitates quick product searches, seamless cart additions, and various payment options.
- Check if the platform seamlessly integrates with your existing software.
- Platforms like Adobe Commerce offer custom pricing and many supplement features; assess if any redundant software can be discontinued, and ensure smooth data synchronization with essential programs like accounting software.
Remember the importance of thoroughly defining your specific requirements to align the chosen platform with your business goals. Or, if you find these too complex, reach out to Emerline's custom software development team and leverage its 10+ years of experience in crafting tailored B2B solutions.
Update: January 3, 2024