Area of Expertise
A lack of a unified platform that will cover various needs of the customer: from sales processes to maintenance inspections and the delivery of analytics.
A state-of-the-art solution that digitizes the collection of customers plant setups and related lubrication service processes, delivers advanced analytics, and provides access to information for clients.
Our customer, a large manufacturer of industrial lubricants, faced five major issues:
- Each office had a unique method of data storage and processing. The company lacked a unified system that would make it possible to collectively analyze and track data coming in from all company locations.
- Their former data entry process lacked efficiency when it came to the pre-sales activities.
- The customer lacked a solution for their clients.
- There was a strong need for the provision of more mobility to technicians to ensure their efficient work.
In this way, the project objectives were to:
- Replace the multiple spreadsheets and legacy tools used by technicians to enter and store data with a mobile solution that could be used on the spot.
- Develop a mobile application for technicians.
- Build a customer-facing application that would allow access to all the important analytics.
Key Points of Development
In the course of the project, the following key features were implemented:
- A unified solution based on the Microsoft Azure platform, for managing the customer’s plants, products, and client data.
- Global Identity Access Management solution (as a part of the platform) that is integrated with the customer’s Azure Active Directory and allows for the management of authentication and authorization across all applications and components of the platform independently, for in-house employees and external users.
- Multi-regional deployment process for specific markets (China).
- Advanced analytics produced from different types of data, including those gathered from sensors on plants and maintenance inspections held by technicians.
- Data visualization mechanism that ensures easy perception of complicated information and the delivered analytics to different links in a working chain.
- Mobile applications for sales teams and technicians with a wide range of data accessible for increased efficiency of work.
- Customer-facing app that ensures transparency of all processes to clients.
Azure DevOps (Git) as source control system
CI and CD system for Back-end, Front-end
Microsoft Azure Cloud SQL Database
Microsoft Azure Storage
Azure App Service
ASP.NET Core 3.1
Azure .NET SDK
Material-ui or react-bootstrap
Azure App Service
Visual Studio App Center
The solution gives the customer the ability to implement an automated business process to boost sales activities, enhance the work of technicians, store and manage data in one place, and provide access to valuable data for clients. The platform has efficiently facilitated the customer’s office branches becoming interconnected and having unified access to the product and customer database. It also opened up space for smart data representation, which ensures easy perception of all the important information and contributes to faster and more accurate decision-making.
More Case Studies
Real-time sales analytics platform that enhances the distributors’ performance via real-time supply management and customer data analysis
Smart asset management platform for optimizing IT asset management in the companies big and small. It lets businesses monitor and manage all IT assets across company facilities, schedule equipment replacements, and automate routine tasks