Smart asset management platform for optimizing IT asset management in the companies big and small. It lets businesses monitor and manage all IT assets across company facilities, schedule equipment replacements, and automate routine tasks.
Our customer is well aware of the fact that all successful businesses regardless of their size intend to manage their assets and resources efficiently. So they contacted our team to help with the design and development of the solution that will track and optimize tangible and intangible assets.
The core idea was to provide startups and huge corporations with the product responsible for managing all assets in a transparent way, which would lead to strengthening their businesses.
The IT asset management solution consists of a web application paired with native iOS and Android apps. Using it, companies significantly decrease time and resources spent on keeping track of their IT inventory. The solution is scalable and can be implemented in any business regardless of its size and the number of office locations.
Although one of the platform’s core functions is IT asset tracking, our solution goes far beyond IT assets and isn’t limited to the standard ITAM functionality.
As soon as the ‘asset’ term includes devices, software solutions, and licensing, the product we developed helps to manage physical equipment, SAAS solutions, desktop software, and licenses.
Depending on the type of assets, there are several sets of functions:
- Scanning all software installations and giving users a relevant and up-to-date picture
- Tracking third-party logins
- Providing visibility on the history of each device, including price, info about the owners, either current or previous, depreciation schedule, and so on
- Covering a full cycle of software license management (tracking, assignment, revoke, reallocation, and deactivation) to efficiently manage software licensing costs
- Integration with enterprise systems and third-party software
- Customized dashboards
- Automated workflow tools
- Fast and simple data import
- Flexible architecture to meet all customers’ requirements
Emerline is responsible for the platform’s design, development, implementation, and support.
Tech Stack We Used
Backend: Python, MySQL, Pyramid
Mobile: Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift
Integrations: Salesforce, Okta, Cisco Jasper, Slack, Workday, BambooHR, Google Apps, Zendesk, AirWatch, MobileIron, Ping Identity, etc.
Deployment: AWS, Docker, Ansible
The solution built by Emerline has a number of business benefits. Its users get real-time asset data consolidated from different systems in one place; add any required fields in one click thanks to the system’s flexibility; and streamline asset productivity with an embedded workflow engine. As both web and mobile versions are available, the users are free to choose the optimal client for the specific purposes.